Meagan maintains a diverse litigation practice focused on complex litigation matters in both state and federal courts and on representing clients in regulatory matters. Meagan has experience representing clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including business ownership disputes, disputes related to restrictive covenants and trade secrets, financial services disputes, class action disputes, employment disputes, and general contract and trade practice claims.
Meagan’s practice also involves counseling clients involved in government investigation and enforcement actions. In addition, Meagan routinely works with clients to proactively adopt and maintain regulatory compliance regimes, with a particular focus on financial service and health care clients.
Meagan began her legal career as a clerk to a Judge Steven H. John, Resident Circuit Court Judge for the 15th Judicial Circuit in South Carolina. Prior to joining Wagner Hicks, Meagan practiced at a respected litigation firm, where she advised clients in a variety of industries on a wide array of litigation matters throughout North and South Carolina.
Meagan received her law degree from University of South Carolina School of Law, where she graduated cum laude and served as the Editor in Chief of the South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business. Before attending USC for law school, Meagan earned her bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, from College of Charleston, where she majored in Political Science with a concentration in Politics, Philosophy, & Law, and double-minored in Women’s & Gender Studies and Crime, Law & Society.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- College of Charleston, B. A.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- The United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- The United States District Court for the District of South Carolina