Sean C. Wagner is a business attorney with deep experience in a wide variety of business transactions, commercial litigation, government investigations, and regulatory compliance issues. Mr. Wagner’s practice focuses on helping commercial entities proactively identify and develop effective strategies for navigating complex legal issues, while minimizing financial and reputation risks for his clients.
In addition to his representation of commercial entities in mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures, Mr. Wagner regularly represents clients in complex commercial litigation and government enforcement actions throughout the country. Additionally, he provides strategic, proactive counsel focused on helping companies navigate compliance and litigation risks associated with information security, digital services and products, cybersecurity, e-commerce, and data privacy.
Mr. Wagner began his legal career serving as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable James H. Payne in the United States District Court of the Eastern District of Oklahoma. He entered private practice as an associate attorney at the Charlotte, North Carolina office of one of the largest law firms in the country, where he advised clients in a variety of industries on a wide array of complex transactions, litigation, and regulatory compliance matters.
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- University of Oklahoma, B. A.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- North Carolina
- The United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- The United States Bankruptcy Court of the Eastern District of North Carolina
- The United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- The United States District Court of the Eastern District of Texas
- The United States Courts of Appeal for the Fourth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits
- The Tribal Courts of the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee (Creek), and Citizen Potawatomi Nations