Benjamin D. Hicks is a business attorney with extensive experience representing private businesses in corporate transactional matters, including routinely advising clients in mergers, acquisitions, corporate finance transactions, and general corporate matters. Mr. Hicks represents business clients across the life cycle of a business, advising early-stage businesses in entity formation and structuring matters, growth-stage businesses in investment and corporate governance matters, and providing general corporate counsel to mature businesses.
Additionally, Mr. Hicks advises financial institutions and investors in corporate finance transactions and portfolio company management. He counsels clients of all sizes on corporate governance matters and commercial transactions. Mr. Hicks also routinely represents clients in connection with government investigations and regulatory compliance matters.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- “Business Structures and IP Protection” presentation, Taking the Leap CLT, October 2019
- College of Charleston, B. A.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- The United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- The United States District Court for the District of South Carolina